Great trip

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

8 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 15, 2012
Ship: Carnival Miracle

This was our 3rd time on Miracle, that's how much we love it. Let me start with Micky. He was a drink boy on lido. I asked him where I could get a monkey head drink and he said at the other end of the ship. He asked if I wanted him to get me one and I said no that I would get it later. Next thing you know I am on lido and here comes Micky to tell me that he has my  monkey head and he asked what I wanted in it. OMG!!! That was ABOVE and BEYOND what he had to do. Especially when I said I would get it. I decided right there that I loved this boy. LOL The rest of the crew were wonderful but he was a stand out.
We did Nick and Nora's Steakhouse on day 1 so we could get the free bottle of wine. We were not disappointed. If you have the extra $35 per person, it is well worth it.
I did tea time each time. I love tea time with all the snacks and tea. I always get there early as to get a window seat. It's all about ambiance. LOL

I recommend trying the steakhouse. Nowhere on land will you get as great of a meal for the money. On the 1st night you get a free bottle of wine.

Always so much to see and do such as BINGO, ice carving, piano bar, mini golf, gym, comedians, shows etc.

The Beetles tribute was great as were the comedians.

Once on the ship you never see the kids except at dinner and bedtime.

Micky the drink boy, nobody in the past has come close to him.

The ship was always clean and nice.

My sister and her family were in the balcony next to us so we were able to open the balcony divider and have a double balcony.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Serenity. There is a pool and bar there as well as clam shell seats and hammock type things.

The earlier you get there the earlier you will be on the ship.
We did the dune buggy excursion. It was very nice. You go all over the island. To a lookout, to the light house, through a limestone quarry etc. I was amazed at all the free roaming horses, donkeys and cows. They pay you no mind as you drive by. We went to Margaritaville for drinks and a bite to eat. Nice but expensive.
BEAUTIFUL!!! The sand feels soft like flour. My sister's mom rented a cabana for us. It comes with fruits, snacks and drinks plus you can still partake in the BBQ that is included. It was raining this day, ALL DAY, but it did not stop us from swimming in the crystal clear waters. You're gonna get wet anyway, right?
We did the sea lion swim at Atlantis. Lunch was included as well as everything else except the water park. We toured the Dig, the underground aquarium. It was beautiful. Seriously, it seems like you need a week to take all of Atlantis in, and talk about beautiful. The sea lion swim was awesome. You have to suit up in a wet suit and then they walk you over to Sunshine, a movie star sea lion. Interacting with her was soooo much fun.