Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

First Time Mexican Riviera Cruise

Sail Date: January 09, 2016

First time for my wife and I in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.  We had a great time.  This is our 4th cruise on Carnival and with few exceptions we have been treated with an exceptional experience.  Boarding in Long Beach was a bit lengthy due to some game show (Wheel of Fortune) filming a promo on the Miracle on day of departure.  Cabins were clean and ready for us when we boarded.  Food selection was great at all the buffets.  Dinner selection was even better.  We booked two excursions through Carnival and one on our own in Cabo.  The one city tour excursion / beach resort tour was a good spend for $25 per head, however, I hate when Carnival cuts a deal with some local shops and it is part of the tour.  This particular shopping stop was in an area in Old Town Puerto Vallarta that was not only run down, but the shops themselves did not offer much.  My recommendation to Carnival - stick to the city info tour and the beach stop.  The other excursion we booked was for the Ultimate Zip Line and it was the highlight of our cruise.  A little on the expensive side but worth it.  The third excursion was in Cabo - paid a local guy $35 per head for a whale watching adventure in a little 8 - 10 passenger glass bottom boat.  Unlike the larger vessels, this guy was able to maneuver and react quickly to where the whales were.  As for the ship itself I thought is was well maintained, the crew was awesome and the activities plentiful.  My only complaint was the occasional sewer gas smell in the cabin and the second night show general public show that got a little risque.

Awesome except occasional sewer gas emissions from toiliet/shower.

This was our first balcony and will not go back to inside cabin or room with view.