Disappointing food and entertainment

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: June 06, 2015
Ship: Carnival Miracle

We have cruised with Carnival before with favorable results. Enough that we booked again. The quality and selection of food was terrible. The activities were non-existent and the entertainment was lame. My mother accompanied us on this trip and commented the buffet at Shoney's had better food. Our entire party  of 8 was bored including 4 teenagers. In addition we paid more for this trip than we have for previous cruises with Carnival to better places. Although they can't control the weather and we missed a scheduled port, the frustration was compounded by our bad on-board experience. When I called directly to the Carnival customer service to complain and ask for some compensation, a credit or partial refund I was told they could not help me and they were sorry.

We spoke with many supervisors on the ship who agreed with some of our concerns and said there was nothing they could do and suggested we try another cruise line.

I have recommended Carnival many times in the past but won't anymore. Adios Carnival. Hello Princess and Royal Caribbean.

Good luck not getting turned around.