Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

Hawaii 2014

Sail Date: October 18, 2014

We had a wonderful trip! I would definitely recommend Carnival over Princess for two reasons:

1. The crew are very personable and by the end of the cruise it feels like you are leaving family behind, it is a bitter sweet moment! We took this same cruise on Princess and the crew were ALL grumpy and disdainful. NOBODY smiled, they acted as if they were just notified they would not be paid for this cruise. Also, even though we were right behind hurricane Anna, it was such a smooth ride compared to Princess. On Princess we practically had to tie ourselves to the bed to keep from rolling out! On Carnival, it was so smooth, every time I laid down to read a book, it rocked me to sleep-Carnival Miracle really was a 'Miracle'!!

2. Princess DOES NOT HAVE 'Ssshowtime' at dinner!! We loved watching our waiter sing and dance for us. We looked forward to it every time. Princess does one tiny performance during dinner, during the WHOLE 14 day cruise-the 'Baked Alaska' Congo line, ugh-No comparison!!

Cruise Photos

I really liked the theme and decorating of the ship, it was beautiful and artfully done.
We purposely booked our cabin on the opposite end of the ship from the dining room (for exercise) and vowed to eat in the dining room for controlled portions. It was worth the extra steps for the gourmet meals, Yum!
First time with a balcony, I really enjoyed it. I don't think I can go back to Ocean view or interior.
Happy staff makes Happy guests! 95% of the staff were excellent in this category, only a few sour grapes, we avoided them and sought out our favorites in the 'Dine anytime' category
I could take it or leave it, some of the adult comedy was raunchy-but the family portion was suitable.
But not Carnival's fault!! There were only 20 kids on board in the 13 and above crowd. My 13 year old daughter would have liked some more companions-however; she loved the attendants that were in charge.
We did arrange our own rental cars and excursions and enjoyed them very much. We are not much for crowds and liked getting away from the 'group' for this free time.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Kahului, Maui
Awesome icecream! Old Lahaina Luau, the best
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Seahorse farm a must see!
Honolulu, Oahu
Rent a car here so you can see the whole Island
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Hilo, Hawaii
Ensenada, Mexico
Don't leave with out the VANILLA!

The elevators are stupendous! We were amazed at the elevators-you could not even feel them move. On Princess, we just about flew out of the elevator and kissed the ground. They were herky-jerky no matter how many floors you were trying to move to. And always the WAAAAIT. On Carnival, hardly any wait