Great time

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: February 01, 2013
Ship: Carnival Miracle
I personally really enjoyed the ship. It has really outlandish, fun decor which is far different from the last ship I was on (the Norwegian Dawn). We were in room 6112 which had a balcony 3 times the size of a regular balcony - enough to fit a sun lounger - although it's billed as a regular balcony room. So that was a fantastic surprise. The balcony needed to be repainted and worked on - it was a little shabby - but big is big. The room was nice, no complaints there except that it is in the front of the ship (essentially just under the bridge) and you can definitely feel the motion of the ship. If you're prone to seasickness, it might not be the room for you.

The food was pretty good. They had a decent variety and it was better than what we had on Norwegian last year. Nothing was extravagant in my opinion, but it was all good. We did eat at Nick & Nora's Steakhouse one night and the food was excellent. My only complaint was that the sommelier was VERY pushy and didn't even let us look at the wine menu before essentially forcing us to order a wine. Then he came to us with a second glass of wine before either of us had either A) asked for it or B) drank even half of the first glass. He rudely told us to "drink up" so he could pour the second glass in. I was not a fan of that.

The entertainment was a bit lacking in our opinion. The shows were all musicals (which is fine) but the singers were somewhat subpar and the dancing choreography was usually noticeably off. The comedians were great, though; I wish they'd had that option on port days, too. The Mad Hatter's Ball is a VERY cool room, and the Phantom Theater was lovely. Honestly, looking at the decor on the ship was one of my favorite entertainments!

The room steward and the dining room staff made an effort to get to know our names, even though we had the 'any time dining' option, and everyone was pleasant. Our room steward also made some great towel animals, including a monkey one night that he hung from the ceiling. :)

The layout was easy to master and everything was easy to find. All the public areas that we went to were well cleaned and maintained. Other than occasionally getting held up at the elevators when trying to go up from our deck (we were in the middle, so we seemed to find that the elevators often went all the way down to 1 or 2, and then all the way up to 9 or 10) we had no complaints.

It was a pretty decently sized balcony room and as I mentioned above, the balcony is three times the size of a regular balcony because it's the first one on deck 6. We were pleased.

Pros: Fun ship, great decor, pretty low-key crowd, good food, good drinks

Cons: Entertainment was somewhat lackluster, balcony needed to be repainted.

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!