Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Dream vacation was a dream come true

Sail Date: July 23, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had planned to take a cruise for our honeymoon, 7 years later, we were finally able to go. When shopping cruises, I felt very insecure and thanks to Cheap Cruises, I was able to make the best decision for our family, the Carnival Miracle to Alaska.
We have a 5 yr old son, so it was very important to me to find a cruise that would cater to his needs as well as ours. Camp Carnival was wonderful for him. We were assigned a cell phone for the duration of the cruise to carry with us after we dropped him off. All of the ladies in his class were so very nice! There were times he actually got mad at ME because I had to pick him up. They are not just babysitters, they do art projects, play games. Every day my son came home with some sort of prize or artwork from his time there. The night owl program is an extra fee, but very reasonable. One night we were actually only gone about 20 minutes of the first hour, and they actually pro-rated the time.
Nick and Nora's Steakhouse is a MUST GO! My husband and I actually booked it twice. For only $35 per person (excluding alcohol), we had the best meal we've ever had! appetizer, salad, entrée and dessert, all included. I had lobster and steak one night that was to die for! The wait staff is friendly and professional.
The dining room was nice. I highly recommend "anytime dining". Each day we were able to eat whenever we wanted and didn't have to wait for a specific time slot. Sometimes we ate around 6, sometimes later at 8 pm. Again, great wait staff.
The buffet was a buffet. Lots of food choices. I wasn't knocked out by the pizza or Chinese section, but there were lots of different options including a salad bar and a deli. Desserts for miles!
The ship itself was very elegant. The comedy club is a must go for adults. We really enjoyed the shows. There was a lady who would make announcements on the ship if there was a whale or any other animals to be on the look out for. The gift whops were nice, not overly priced. Don't go crazy the first part of your vacation, they run different sales daily that will be announced when you get your itinary daily. And everything was tax free!
My only complaint, and it really wasn't a big deal....the covered pool was really cold. Now, I know it was Alaska, but there was a pool in a covered area and I didn't understand why it wasn't heated. My son wanted to swim but I needed to be in there with him and there was no way I was getting in that water! brrr!
Although I have nothing to compare this cruise with, I have to say go, go, go! It was wonderful!
Excellant, bigger than I thought!
The best
Entertainment lots of fun
Camp Carnival rocks!
Alaska was a dream

Don't miss a night at Nick and Nora's steakhouse! If you're a couple that doesn't want to be around kids, this is not your ship. Parents with kids of all ages, enjoy! The kids will love it!