Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Very disappointed!

Sail Date: May 28, 2013

As this is my first cruise, I don't have any past experiences to go on. However, I was very disappointed in this ship/cruise line. Dining choices were very limited: Nick & Nora's-$35 per person, Baccisus'-included, and the buffet-included. The breakfast buffet was the same every day and the food at the included restaurant's were never served hot, they were warm. The entertainment on board was average. Went to an origami lesson to find out the girl didn't know to much about origami (she stated), so she said we were to do it on our own and treat it like a contest, and then she'll show one do the few things she knows (again, she stated). I purchased a balcony room and would recommend for all on this cruise. The scenery was phenomenal. Was kind of disappointed in the ports as almost all shops were owned by the cruise lines (jewelry and t-shirt shops). In Skagway I went to the cafe and asked if this part of town closed up after Sept. and she stated that the cafe, supermarket and a couple of other shops remain open because they are locally owned. The ships decor was bordering on hideous. It was some mixture of Roman/Gothic.
I was pleased with the room steward in my area. He was very attentive, courteous and friendly. I did have to call Guest Services when I first arrived in my room because the refrigerator wasn't cleaned from the last cruise. It had food from the dining areas in it. The staff was very quick to come up and clean it out. They also apologized profusely.
I will not be traveling with Carnival again.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Gorgeous, have camera ready.
Victoria, British Columbia
Too short, you arrive when it's almost dark.