Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

It was not that great

Sail Date: November 22, 2012

I was very excited for this cruise, leaving from New York City and seeing the Statue of Liberty! Unfortunately, the excitement slowly dwindled when we called the Cruise Line as well as to advise of a delay in our arrival and would the transfer wait for us. No one was willing to help us and we ended up paying twice for transportation to the port. I went to the Guest Services desk upon arrival on the ship to see if Carnival could even give us a credit, even with proof of trip interruption and only missing the transfer by 21 minutes Carnival would not help us, they told us to access our Insurance. I was very excited to utilize the Spa but to my disappointment a stranger (man) walked into my treatment room! I was not very happy but thought it was a mistake and booked another treatment. To my second disappointment I must have been in a treatment room right underneath the weight room and the busiest corridor in the spa as I was startled on several occasions due to the uninsulated rooms. I promptly went to discuss my concerns with Guest Services and requested the Manager of the Spa contact me directly. I spoke to the Manager several hours later to be offered more Spa treatments! I refused as twice was enough. I did take a Salon appointment and was thrilled with the results! I must say the Stylist was nothing but professional and did a fantastic job! It erased some of the negativity. The upsetting part of the whole Spa fiasco was I am not the only who has complained with how the Spa is laid out and things are not being changed. The ship is severely out dated! It needs a major overhaul and if it is not done soon I fear Carnival may lose business.

Pros: Dining Room Team

Cons: Spa

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.

The needs a major overhaul; Serenity Deck and Spa at complete opposite ends of the ship. The gym is over the treatment rooms and the free weight area is over the relaxation room. Too noisy for a place that is supposed to be relaxing and calming
The dining room was excellent. We avoided the buffet as there is not enough variety and not enough room for all the people to eat.
Our stateroom steward was excellent!
The staff on the most part was good but I felt the staff could have been more helpful for the people in wheelchairs.
There were only 2 shows that were fantastic! The sea day activities were lacking especially since we are 4 days at sea there would be a little more activities than Trivia games.