Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Bitter sweet cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

When we first got on the ship everything was perfect! It was beyond words beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. This was our first cruise and we were so excited. We brought my parents, grandmother and 3 kids. The first 2 days were fantastic! The restaurant was fabulous and so was the food. Our waiter was friendly and lots of fun. Then Thursday night ( we left NYC Tues 4pm) my father along with my grandmother became very ill. When we porter-ed in FL my grandmother along with my father where rushed to the ER because they were so sick. The nurse on the ship became very irate with my mother because my mother wanted to send my father with my grandmother to the ER. She did not want him off the ship! ( My grandmother was different because of certain medical conditions) The EMT told my mother along with the nurse that she can not tell him he cant go and he has room. While at the ER they were told it was either viral or food poisoning but they weren't positive. They all boarded back on the ship and spent the rest of the day quarantined in their rooms. Then we went to Nassau and had a great time. Sunday we were in Newport and my husband and i went on our excursion and when we boarded back on the ship my youngest child ( 3 ) was deathly ill and waiting at medical with my mother that was taking care of him while we were gone. We took him into medical and they were very nice and gave him a suppository to stop the vomiting along with pedialite. He was quarantined for a full 24hrs. So the next day we brought him back down the medical where he was released and the rest of the day he was fine. Monday night around 11:30 he woke up again sick worse then before and we had called the medical facility again where they just advised us to give him another suppository and come back in the morning. So in the am we went back down the medical AGAIN and they were fine with us and said they only had 1 pedialite left on the ship because many other passengers along with children where

Pros: The Friendliess of the staff

Cons: How bad we were treated when my son got sick

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.

The layout was very nice. the decor was beautiful!! The public areas were not as clean as i would have hoped. The upstairs buffet was not always cleaned and the pools were not chlorinated and with tons of kids along with grown ups it was disgusting! I wouldn't let my kids swim in the pools. The whirlpools were freezing anyways. Only 1 hot tub on the ship.
The dinning rooms were great! The waiter we had was lots of fun and so fun! The food was excellent as well! The upstairs buffet was not up to my standards at all!
Our state room steward Mada was fantastic! He was so sweet and was great when my son was sick. We actually tipped him extra because he was so fantastic! If all of the staff was like him (IE. guest service manager) we would have had left much better reviews!
Guest service manager needs to find a new job! The one nurse with blonde hair ( cant remember her name ) was rude and also needs to find a new job! When you are working with the public you need to have great customer service qualities and be friendly and show a little compassion!!
I wish we could have attended more shows :(
The camp counselors were fantastic! My only complaint is that i wish they had a little more age appropriate things to do for the older kids. 6-11 is a huge age difference and sometimes my 10 and 11 year old where a little bored.