Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Never Again!

Sail Date: July 09, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The food was horrible! I have Celiac Disease and can only eat gluten-free. The staff was accomidating for breakfast and dinner. They did prepare the food GF but there was contamination. I got sick almost the whole cruise. You could only eat at certain times. They say \"24 hour\" food but really only mean 24 hour pizza and ice cream in dirty plastic cups with no toppings. The staterooms were clean and the service was good. We received extra pillows and blankets. The ship had nothing for the children. My daughter was bored and the only option was the pool or Camp Carnival. Which she did enjoy. The only real activites to do was see the shows at night or attend bingo or another conference/info meeting. If your not a drinker or a gambler this cruise sucked, which because we had children with us was not possible. The ports of call were nice, but they only had jewlery shopping and the beach. If you didn't purchase an overly priced excursion you basically did nothing. I would never do Carnival again. I am going to try a more family-oriented cruise line next time.

Pros: The ports of call

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.

The ship was clean and so were the staterooms. The decor was old and funky. There was smoking in the casino so you really couldn't stay in there too long.
Food was gross!
My room was the best part of the ship
Everyone was nice and friendly.
Nothing to do unless you like getting drunk and going to the casino.
There was nothing for the kids to do except go to the camp. While they had fun there\, they could only stay for a limited time. My niece was with us and she was in a different age group then my daughter\, they would not let them be together. So all the girls did was complain they couldn't play together and that was the only area set aside for kids. There were no other activites or common ares for them to hang out in and play or color.