Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Love sailing out of New York.

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

Great 8 day cruise. Good ports, I enjoy the sea days for relaxation. Carnival maintains it's "fun ships" reputation. Coming from New Hampshire it is great to drive to NY to sail and not have to deal with airports and flying. This was my 18th cruise, 12th with Carnival and so I am in their VIP program. They treated me like a king, starting with the VIP check in right on through to priority getting off the ship.

Pros: The

Cons: DJ on Lido deck, bring back the reggae bands!

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!

I have been on several cruise lines but none of them clean their ships to the degree Carnival does. I wrote a review last year of the Explorer Of the Seas where there were cobwebs in the windows of the Lido dining room. No such thing on this ship. I walked behind a ships officer walking down the cabin hallway running his hand on a ledge under the hand rail looking for dust! He found none! The "Serenity" area is great for adults, Nice lounging area, peacefull and quiet when you want it.
Only ate in the dining room a couple of times but the food and service met my expectations. The buffet food was very good, good selection and taste. The hours really met my schedule.
Large for an inside cabin. Two of us had plenty of room, never ran into each other or make moves to get around the other. We spend only sleep and clean up time in the cabin so we get an inside to use the money elsewhere.
Even with my "bottomless bubbles" soda card, the staff was very attentive to my needs. All crew were very friendly and offering the greeting of the day.
Shows were great but you should not miss the "Superstars Live". Memebrs from the ships band play as a live nabd for kareoke. Great fun, I even sang! Although limited in the number of people allowed on the "behind the fun" tour on board for security reasons, I highly recommend it. Although there is a cost, it is not your usual galley and backstage tour. This tour takes you everywhere on the ship, from the storage areas, crews mess and living quarters to the engineering room and bridge. It takes 31/2 hours on the last sea day I but well worth it. I give the one downgrade in this category because there was no reggae band on the Lido deck. Instead they had a DJ playing hip hop. Not what I expect on a cruise to the Caribbean. The DJ gotto go, it made me spend my time in other areas.