Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

BEWARE OF PARTIALLY OBSTRUCTED BALCONIES

Sail Date: June 01, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We booked a category 8K extended balcony. Nowhere does it state that it is a partially-obstructed view. When I talked to Carnival to dispute this, I was told it was not considered to be an obstructed view, which is ridiculous, because our view to the right side (in the direction the ship was sailing) was a metal wall which protruded out 6-8 feet. We could not see to the right at all, and when pulling into port, etc., we had to watch it on the cabin tv because we couldn't see!!! Why did I pay for a balcony??? We could only see straight ahead and to the left, which was the back of the ship. VERY disappointed. The Carnival rep was arguing with me, telling me it's not considered partially obstructed!! What do you consider obstructed??? An unobstructed view is just that -- not blocked by anything and you should be able to see all the way down the ship to both the left and right. We got to look at a wall on one side. Carnival will not do anything to remediate this, so I will NOT book another cruise with them. It's a shame, because otherwise we were happy with the cruise in general.

Pros: ship staff was very friendly

Cons: view from balcony, couldn't get near the pool

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.

gross moldy smell in the corridor outside our stateroom. inside was always clean, though... could never get a deck chair.. they don't enforce their "policy" of moving people's stuff if left unattended for more than 30 minutes... pools always way crowded
our head waiter was awesome!