Most ports great. Ship terrible!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: March 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Miracle
I have sailed carnival before and this was supposed to be a step up from our last cruise with carnival a little over a year ago. To be quite honest this ship should be their cheapest cruise. The food was very disappointing to say the least. The dinners in the main dining room were nothing to brag about ever. It's pretty bad when your last night on board you eat at the Nick and Nora's steakhouse and wished we would have ate their first and paid every night to eat there. The buffet meals on the Lido deck were terrible. Our last cruise we were able to get food for a lot longer of time. If you want pizza you'll be fine. However it's not very tasty at all. The smoking on the ship was also terrible. I felt like I was on the smokers cruise. I was also very disappointed in the entertainment on the lido deck during the day or should I say the lack of entertainment. Some days there wasn't even music playing, and when they did have music playing it was the same few songs over and over. The shows in the phantom theatre were okay. The comedians well lets see, one of the comedians we had on our cruise this year we saw last year on our family cruise. I would like to say please get some new material. Honestly one of the comedians did the same exact jokes we heard on our last cruise over a year ago. Our room was on the Panarama deck which is right under the lido deck, which this room was supposed to be an upgrade. If offered don't do it. Unless you want to get up early everyday the noise above is ridiculous. We heard people walking and the chairs being moved everyday above us. I would never take this deck again. As far as the ports: most of them were awesome, excluding one, the La Romana in the Dominican Republic stop honestly Carnival I think you need to stop somewhere else. Everyone that I came into contact with during and after that stop stated the same. It was terrible. Don't take the bus ride into La Romana. Very scary and every one that did this little trip into the town La Romana said the same. If you do stop plan an excursion to an all inclusive resort for the day. We made a big mistake not knowing this stop was going to be so bad. I will be quite honest we will not be doing another carnival cruise.

Pretty disappinting when the food is so bad you are willing to pay to eat at the $30 a night per person steakhouse on board.

Barely any entertainment on the lido deck during the day. Quite a few days without even music. Evening entertainment okay.

I think the staff was friendly but I wouldn't say anyone went above and beyond.

The size of the ship is good. It was clean.

The staterooms could use an update. The noise above our room terrible. Upgrade I don't think so. :(. Don't get a stateroom on the Panarama deck.

Pros: Ports of call

Cons: Food, Lack of activites during the day, smoking

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.