Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Worst cruise experience ever!

Sail Date: December 13, 2010

My mother (Elaine I. Franklin) and I recently cruised on the Carnival Miracle (December 13-21) from Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean, booking # 95TK83. To say the least, this was the worst cruise vacation experience of our lives and we thought it would be a wonderful birthday celebration (for my mom). This was my eighth cruise, and my mother has taken at least 20+. If we could have gotten a direct flight from our first port, we would have been happy to jump ship.

As the weather did not cooperate for part of the cruise, other than read, I found no inspiring or worthwhile activities to partake in. You do call this the Fun Ship, but Bingo and Booze do not cut it for us. I was somewhat surprised that there was not one cultural event or art gallery / sales on the ship. We found a passageway that indicated an art gallery but nothing was there.

Our cabin:
One half of the picture window was fogged over where someone tried to remove scratches on the plastic pane.
The carpeting was dirty.
We had a roach in the room the first day and needed exterminating.
We were un-able to turn off the air conditioning when we were cold which was often.
Our cabin attendant was attentive, as was his supervisor.

Satellite TV and movies:
Nothing like having all of the TV broadcasts from Denver, and on Denver time on a ship based on the East Coast of the USA; especially the news! We asked the Captain when we met him and were told that the satellite package being used was cheaper.
Three TV movies plus a big screen movie were shown each day. Where did you dig up these movies?

Our luggage was gone through & wine removed (later returned as promised). However, a $17.99 paperback book was taken. I did not report this, as I thought that perhaps I had left it at home
I had not, and had to replace it!

Buffet Dining at Horatios:
Generally a mob scene unless you arrived late.
Sanitary standards are very poor. Use of Purell by all should be enforced.
Tables are left piled with dirty dishes.
Short staffed so dirty dishes sit. More than half the staff did not speak English.
When asked to have a table cleaned, the bus boy took a dirty napkin and wiped the table with it.
If you would like, I can supply you with his photo!
Children entered the buffet with wet bathing suits, and sat on cloth chairsnothing was said.
With two days remaining, there was no butter or bananas available. There is no excuse for this!

Formal dining room:
Staff is friendly, but again, the dining room is very short staffed, and could be somewhat more professional. At a table for two, most evenings we waited well over 40 minutes to be served our first course while larger tables got catered to.
I would rate the food as just fair; better bread needs to be served, and the dessert menu needs more variety.

Sorry that we did not know that there was no indoor pool.
We think that only one pool deck assistant worked on the entire ship. No one was ever available to assist with chairs, and the only staff visible were selling drinks. Dirty glasses and dishes remained for hours before being picked up or blown around.

The three that we attended were OK. We have seen better, but the staff did their best to put on a good performance. The only time we saw the cruise director was on the stage at show-time.

So smoky, even in non-smoking section, we found it difficult to breath. When we asked why there were no NO-SMOKING nights, we were told that the ship would loose too much money.

Piano bars:
Stopped in at two, and found them forgettable.

Other than internet computers, why is this called a library? Check out Holland Americas!

Medical Center:
I was sickened by something I ate on Tues. 14th (sushi) and spent Wed. the 15th in bed sleeping or in the bathroom. I did not eat for 2 days, and was not well for a good three days. I reported this to the nurse (Christina) at the Medical Center and was told that there was nothing that could

Pros: Arriving home

Cons: The entire experience was trying

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.

The crew tried hard, but the shows were just OK. There was not a single activity I would have cared to partake in. The TV movies & theatre movies were awful.
Overall cleanliness was poor. With 2 dining staff members in an elevator with us, they did not remove a dirty glass & left over fruit that was sitting there
Food was just fair. Buffet & main dining room were short staffed, & buffet & deck tables remained with dirty dishes & left overs for a very long time. Half of the buffet staff did not speak English.
The only staff that I found exceptional were the 2 Port Shopping Pros - Scott & Theresa.
Had a roach in our room. Carpeting was dirty. Could not adjust air conditioning.
One of the cabin windows was all scratched & fogged over where a repair was attempted.