Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Not recommended

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

This ship's itenerary was wonderful. St. Marten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts are beautiful and friendly islands. However, I do not at all recommend Carnival. They have implemented a mandatory tipping policy (they charge 10.00 per customer per day to your account on the first day of the cruise), which in turn has effected the staff's service levels. The staff was also clearly tired and over-worked. I bought chocolates in St. Marten, which were to be sent to my room that day. They were lost on the ship, but I was not informed of this until after we left the last port of call (I was initially told they were in with the alchohol and I would get them at the end of the cruise). I asked that replacement chocolates be mailed to me (I would pay for chocolate but not shipping and handling) as I now had no souveneirs for those who I had bought the candy for. I've filed a claim with their customer service department, and have not yet received the belguim chocolates or a refund for the chocolates. Also, one of two bags of luggage was lost debarking the ship. We received our luggage five days later, damaged. The handling of these two claims (both due to Carnival's lack of organization) was neither efficient or easy. I had to have multiple conversations regarding our lost luggage. The staff didn't seem to think that losing a piece of luggae was a big deal. We have been on five Carnival cruises and I will never vacation with Carnival again.

Pros: Islands Visited

Cons: Service

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.