Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Bermuda

First time Carnival cruiser: so-so

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

I was a passenger on the April 17-23 cruise to Bermuda and Newport, RI. First time on Carnival. The room and waiter service was excellent. Our balcony room was large and more than enough closet space. The food was good. I enjoyed the meals I selected, but my husband enjoyed only half. The purple grapes in the dinning room were too much but it doesn't take away from the experience. The ship was nice and the lounges were fun.

There was a problem with the ship arriving on time in NYC. It arrived in port 6 hours late and it was very frustrating getting on board. We left port at 10:15; 5 hours after we were scheduled. I suppose to make up time we had to move fast. The seas were rough and our cruise speed added to the rockiness of the ship. The weather was of course not the fault of Carnival.

There was a diverse group of people ranging from seniors to families. Not too many twentysomething- thirtysomething couples without children. Did not encounter any rowdy groups- perhaps an outdated image that Carnival wants to shed. Could see the boat filled with kids during school breaks.

The cruise experience itself did not seem to "flow well" and was so unorganized. For whatever reason, we waited 20 minutes to enter the dinning room for a 8:15 seating one night. Thankfully that did not happen again. It took 25 minutes to get off the ship in Bermuda and then 30 minutes to get back onto the ship. They only had one security check-in system working. It was incredibly frustrating. This is my third cruise after 9-11 and the other lines did not make passengers wait this long to get on and off the ship; 5 minutes tops.

I was also not impressed with staff knowledge. We asked the excursion desk a question about Bermuda and her answer was "This is my first day. I don't know. You'll have to go to the information desk on Bermuda." That is just not acceptable. Train your staff. The information booth on Bermuda was just another extremely long line. it took another 20 minutes to buy transportation tickets; the booth wasn't capable to answer tourist questions. Additionally, the pursers desk gave wrong information when asked about arrival; information that we depended on for our transportation arrangements.

Overall it was an average time. Hard not to have a good time on vacation. But it was just so frustrating at times. I do not think we will travel with Carnival again.

Pros: Service

Cons: Lack of communication from mid/top mgt; long waits on and off ship

Recommends Carnival Miracle? No.