Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Great Family Vacation

Sail Date: June 11, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We started this trip with the idea of a family vacation getaway. My husband and I have been on many cruises, but have never taken the children. From the moment we stepped onto the ship any concerns I had about taking them vanished, and it was such a marvoulous time. A cruise is like no other. We were never worried about "strangers" around them. The food was so good. I mean 24 hour pizzaera... hello .... with kids you cant go wrong with that. !!!!
Cruising is the way to go. We will continue to cruise for all our vacations.
The only concern on this particular ship was the shows are Las Vagas style, which means they will show women in thongs. We did NOT like this part. We just felt it was a little inappropriate, as the costumes and dances would have been just a good with out the butt cheeks showing. It was my kids that shut their eyes, I did not shut them for them. It was they who were embarressed.
It was only 2 shows that had this in it, so the majority of the shows were clean, I just thought it was inappropriate to wear a thong on stage and spread their legs. However that was such a small part. The other wonder time far exceeds the 2 shows of skimpy outfits.

Pros: Ports of Call - Food - Entertainment - Pools - Everything!!!!

Cons: Riskay Dancing in Thongs for the shows

Belize City, Belize
Love Belize. We went to the Zoo this time. IT was actually very very good. However, we have been to Belize before and the Cave Tubing is actually more fun. You have to be at least 8 years old however to do this.
Don't Miss: Cave Tubing
We did the Jeep Excursion/ Cave Swimming / Beach excursion!!!! AWESOME!!!! LOVE Cozumel
Don't Miss: Cave Simming---so fun
Don't Miss: Cave Simming---so fun
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: Cave Tubing
George Town, Grand Cayman
LOVE George Town. One of my Favorite places. Although its been hit by hurricanes, they are trying so hard to quickly rebuild. The people are sooo friendly. I recommend the Turtle Farm and Swimming with Sting Rays. There is so much to do.
Don't Miss: Sting Rays
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We spent the day on the beach. It was quite fun. Free bar - which included free bottled water. Free paddle boats, Free Canoes. a LARGE beach. didnt feel crowded in the least. However, I must say we have been here many times as well, and the Horseback riding is the BEST. They will let you "run" the horses, and you just dont get that with most places.
Don't Miss: Horseback RIding