Vacation of a Lifetime

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 19, 2006
Ship: Carnival Miracle
The ship was very clean. It was very decorative and festive and contain pretty much every type of food, drink, entertainment, and leisure activity you could ask for.
There were three pools, a waterslide, hot tubs, a gym, a huge buffet with 24 hour service for some foods, 24 room service, a classy dining room with extremely friendly staff, plenty of lounges, bars, a casino and a club. There were always activities both during the day and at night so there was always something to do if you were not content with just lounging around.
The beach was beautiful with white sand and clear waters, but I did feel like i got off the ship and did not know where to go. Luckily there were buses right there to act as taxi to the beaches and it was very reasonably priced (5-6 USD)
At this port I did a ship excursion, Cave Tubbing. The description on the handouts and on the tv did not mention it was an 1and 1/2 hr bus drive just to get to the area. Then there was a wait there then a mile walk in bathing suit and beach shoes while holding an inner tube. I may or may not have done this excursion if I had realized all this but I would like to have had all the info before. Once we got into the river it was much nice, we drifted through a river on the tubes, going in and out of caves and currents.
Costa Maya was by far my favorite! We also did an excursion here, the dolphin swim. We took a bus for about 20-30 mins to a beach resort where we had about a 10 min lecture on dolphins and the do's and don't's in the water with them. We then headed out to the water. We got into the ocean, there was a huge area fenced off, and the dolphins came and swam with us. We were in the water for about 25 mins and there was one dolphin for about every 8-10 people. I was with the early group, we met at 8:30 right off the boat so that part of the excursion was probably over by like 10, which was when it was starting to get sunny. The excursion included the rest of the day at this beach resort to hang out, with free drinks. There were at least two bars, a lunch and snack stand, plenty of lounge chairs and picnic tables and non-motorized water activities.
Don't Miss: Dolphin Swim!
Don't Miss: Dolphin Swim!

Pros: Relaxation and tropical weather