Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A few kinks, but it was a fun cruise.

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

Several people complained of the Pursor's office overcharging accounts, me included. The Pursor's staff was very friendly, but the accounting was questionable.

Miracle's group coordinator was very professional and she went the extra mile to assure that the group leaders had everything we needed to make our groups' cruises memorable. She was one of my high points. Kudos to her.

The photo department staff was rude to a few in my group. The group coordinator did try to advocate the situation for us, but when I went back to talk to them on her instruction, they didn't budge, nor did the director of this department. Consequently, they lost a lot of our intended sales.

The cruise director and activities directors were fun and personable. Kudos to them. Because of them, we had a ball.

Pros: The excursions

Cons: Bacchus Dining Room service. Photo Department staff.

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!

The Bacchus Restaurant's dining chairs were tattered and in need of reupholstering. My waitress was a bit rude and arrogant.

The layout of the ship (stateroom corridors) was challenging and required a lot of walking from activity to stateroom, and I have a good sense of direction.

One of the hot tubs was out of service the entire 8-day cruise. Someone was constantly working on it, but to no avail. I wasn't able to secure a spot in the hot tub until I last full cruise day.
The food was good, but I've had better dining on Carnival ships. The dining times were perfect. I like the variety offered by Horatio's, but the layout was confusing and in 8 days, we never got it down. We just had to keep circling with our trays to find the cuisine we liked. Then we had to circle again to find a spot to sit and dine.

As always, 24-hour pizza, salad and ice cream were a real hit.
We had a balcony stateroom. There were 3 of us in the stateroom and we were comfortable. We LOVED the balcony. I don't ever want another stateroom without a balcony. I've been spoiled. Our cabin steward was friendly and accommodating.
Twice, we witnessed the assistant waitress flustered and in tears, we presumed from encounters with our waitress. Our waitress consistently served our table last, even though we were usually the first to be seated for dinner each night. We thought it was because our group was all women. We were told to wait until everyone arrived. We had no way of knowing if the entire group chose to eat in Bacchus or Horatio or Nick and Nora's. So, it wasn't fair to sit and waite for an entire group, who, sometimes, were sick or tired and stayed in their rooms. We were always first to arrive and last to leave. Our bar waiter was also arrogant and challenged our orders. Some settled for a beverage they really didn't wait just to avoid being contentious.

I can't say enough good things about the Group Department Coordinator, the Cruise Director and the Activities Directors. They're who made our cruise a lot of fun, despite little incidentals. They far exceeded my expectations.
I didn't attend any shows, except the Talent Show. Most of the others didn't grab my attention. I did sit and enjoy music in the Jazz Club after dinner on the formal night. It was nice and relaxing.

As always, the game shows were hilarious!

The excursions offered a lot of variety. It was fun discussing the possibilities with my group or my roommates, deciding whether we wanted to do something as a group, a few small groups or individually. We were able to do all of the above between the three ports of call. The tour guides were professional informative, warm and friendly.
I didn't have a child, personally, in Camp Carnival, but one of the lady's in my group did. Her son loved it. He hardly spent time with us or his mom. Most of his time (by his choice) was spent with the Camp Carnival group. I've never heard anything negative from any of my friends who've utilized this service.