Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Geriatric Cruise

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

This was my 12th or 13th Carnival cruise. 80% of the passengers on this cruise were over 70 yrs old! Camp Carnival was cancelled because there were no youngsters on board. 95% of the passengers were white. Snorkelling to Sergeant Cay's excursion was cancelled due to lack of participants. The casino closed around midnite when all the old folk were in bed asleep. People were arguing to get early dinner seating.
If I were a walker or cane salesman, I would have loved being with this population. There is never any way of knowing what types of people one would travel with, but this must have been actively marketed with the AARP+ crowd.
And I'm almost 60 myself!

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Other Passengers

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!

The usual Carnival fare, lobster and filet mignon was good, chateaubriand a little tough. Tried a yam, sweet potato, pumpkin pot pie which surprised me for its flavor. We had an excellent waiter named Nio who got to know us by name and food preference. Seated at a table of 6, with two pleasant and conversational couples.
Had a balcony on the empress level, very nice.
Staff said hello & smiled, appeared willing to help when asked. However, staff did little to enfoce no smoking in ship areas that were "off limits".
Attendance at late shows was small, easy to get a seat.
The Miracle is similar to the Legend, and it handled the seas quite well. Usually cruised at 22 knots and was virtually motion free.