Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Time

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

Overall the cruise was great. I loved Grand Caymans, Cozemel, and Costa Maya. Belise is a mess when leave the pier area. Very run down and people trying to sell you junk every where. I would reccommend all these ports of call except Belise The Miracle is a great ship. Good food, superior staff, good shows and a good sized casino. The dinning room staff and beverage servers were especially good.

Pros: the sting ray encounter and the snorkeling

Cons: Belise

Recommends Carnival Miracle? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
the only problem is having to use the tender, but it wasn't that big of an inconvience
Don't Miss: Must see the sting ray sand bar. It was the best water encounter I have ever done
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
THE BEST! The pier area is open to the public. It has a huge swimming pool, with a swim up to bar. Good shops right at the pier. Appears to be growing. Alot of building going on in the area of the pier. I look forward to going back in a few years and see how well they have grown.
Don't Miss: the ruins at Chacchoben. Great site and it does not take your whole day to see
Belize City, Belize
a dump town once you leave the pier area. The ship was so far off shore you could hardly see it. Needs alot of work and cleaning up to rate up there with other ports of call. The trip into the rain forrest may have been good. I was told by alot people they were, but I did not go past the main pier area.
Don't Miss: snorkeling. They pick you up right at the ship and you never have to go ashore.
Good port of call. The shopping is good
Don't Miss: the beach resort day trips are great