Nice Cruise

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: July 01, 2006
Ship: Carnival Miracle
This was my first cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect.. The ship was very impressive, clean and smooth running. We encountered some pretty heavy seas on our last night but the ship handled it very well.

Two worlds here. The food on the Lido deck is average at best. You can find better at most buffet restaurants on the highway. The sit-down dining in the Bacchus Dining Room was very good and the service is excellent, 4 star.

The fun days at sea could have been "funner" and the picture people got annoying but... I was there to cruise, not to play trivia. The dancing was just sad but the live music was decent.

They did a poor job of making my son feel welcome.

From the valet to the waitstaff to the officers... Everyone was polite, courteous and charming.

The decor of the Lido deck was a little tiring. I wish they broke it up into two or three themes instead of just the one. Everything on the boat was very clean and the crew seemed very happy.

Our room was small but had ample storage for our two big suitcases, one dive bag, and two carry-on bags. The water pressure in the shower was surprisingly good. We were near the elevators and were impressed with the sound insulation

Pros: Service

Cons: Food and some of the excursions