Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

This was the best of our seven cruises,

Sail Date: June 18, 2006

We very impressed on boarding the ship by the decor, especially the cabins and showers. We had previously been on Carnival and vowed 'never again'. However, this particular ship took us to the ports we wanted to visit and we wanted to be able to drive from Georgia to the ship. This was very important - so we chose The Miracle. The beds were excellent and sheets very smooth and soft. The shower wasexcellent and our room was kept spotless. Clean towels at least twice a day. Food on the ship was certainly above average and the choice of menu excellent. We certainly have no complaints about that in fact we have really nothing but praise for this trip. We visited Nick and Nora's one night and the food and service was outstanding. I think there could have been a better choice of cheaper wines. We ended up not ordering any wine as the prices were very very high.

If I have one criticism it is on arrival at ports. We are herded everywhere, I know there are a lot of people on board, but I think this could be handled a little differently.

Pros: Food was excellent, very well designed ship not tacky like some of the older Carnival ships.

Cons: Out of the 4 islands we visited tenders were used for 3. This meant if you were not on one of Carnival's expensive tours, you had to wait until all the tours had left and only then could you leave the ship. As the ships dock very early, one morning it was nearly 11.00 a.m. went ashore.

We enjoy siting outside and it would have been really nice to have had a table to eat our breakfast on.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We visited the 7 mile beach. We went with Carnival, but we could have gone for 4 dollars each way instead of paying about $49. Swimming was excellent, water wonderfully clear.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
A long long walk from the ship to the town. Prices were ridiculous some things being twice as high as in Cozumel. Silly prices, ended up buying very little. Went on a tour to a beach, again very hard to swim not nearly as good as Cayman Island beaches.
Don't Miss: I really can't think of anything. Certainly would not be a choice for the future.
We hired a car and went shopping and toured the island. We did have a swim but the reef was very close into the shore and I am afraid I don't like that. Very hard to swim.
Don't Miss: Shopping - much cheaper than the rest of Mexico, with fixed price items.
Belize City, Belize
It was thundering and lightening when we arrived, so I did not go to the beach as had been arranged. Instead did go ashore and shopped a bit. Very long tender ride to the shore. It's OK if it is calm but if not........