Bahamas Cruise

Cabin number: 9303

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

We had an issue We’d evening leaving Bimini. We were suppose to leave port at 4:30 but didn’t leave until 10:30, with the weather being the reason. With that said, the weather was the same at 10:30 as it was at 4:30. The cruise director, in my opinion didn’t keep the cruise guests informed. We were waiting with other guests for the gift store to open, it was now 7:30, when a cruise employee came to the store and only when asked, did he offer that we wouldn’t be leaving until 10:30 and the stores and casinos would remain closed. I do not know if the casino opened, but the stores were not opened at all leaving people stuck to get souvenirs. The communication was pretty much non existent on this point. Extremely disappointing!

Embarkation

The process went very smoothly.

Ship experiences

All the dining spaces were extremely clean and staff was right there to assist or clear plates. I do wish the food in the main dining room arrived at the table hotter and the options better. There are several options, however, I think the options need to be updated. They offer dining options that are “out of date” if that makes sense.

There is so much to do, the activities are so much fun. The pool and hot tubs were always in use.

The shows were awesome! The singers and dancers bring so much to stage! We loved them! There is music everywhere, we loved the violin trio, I apologize I forget the name. They were remarkable!

It amazes me how the staff know the names of the guests! The room stewards and wait staff greet you by your name. I think it goes without saying, the service on cruise ships is excellent.

The ship was extremely clean with staff wiping every surface down. The ships design is somewhat confusing when trying to get to the dining room. We were seated in the dining room that could only be accessed by taking the elevator to the floor 4, taking the stairs down one flight or walking to the bank of elevators down the hall and using that to access the dining area.

Our cabin was very clean and the size for two guests was wonderful. My husband ordered pillows from the Carnival store as soon as we got home we loved them so much. The bathroom was “old” and could use some updating. The closets had a musty smell and our clothes took on the same odor.

Disembarkation

It was so easy and fast.