Very enjoyable cruise

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Magic

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 14, 2018

Ship: Carnival Magic

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7326

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Not a good beginning. When we got to our room we have 1 envelope with our name, another paper with someone else's name and a third paper with yet another name. Went to the service desk only to stand in line for at least an hour to find out what was going on. Was assured that it was our room and just disregard to other papers (one was an envelope with extra bidding tickets for the art auction that I'm sure the right owner would have liked). We also had cruise cash that was to be in our stateroom upon arrival...received that paperwork 3 days later showing that we had it. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary which was noted by and was told that a bottle of wine would be in our room...didn't see it. I did also ask about that at the service desk and was assured that it would be delivered to us..cruise came and went and never saw it. The photo center has completely changed...I want the old way back...so much easier the other way. I want a 5 x 7 picture...not a 5 x 7 and wallets. Carnival lost money with me and a lot of others who didn't like the change.

Embarkation

Was one of the easiest embarkations I've every had.

Ship experiences

We never ate in the dining room or any of the specialty restaurants. The buffets were "just okay". Nothing fancy and the food was not hot. As far as the waiters/waitresses for the bars...you definitely need more...waiting 20+ minutes for a drink to be delivered to your chair is not cool.

Mongolian Wok

The Mongolian Wok was delicious.. if you could find it ever open. Seemed like it was only open while you were on port. Why not in the evening?

Pizzeria

Pizza was delicious! Glad it was open 24 hours...

Pools, Serenity Adult area and casino were great!

Our room steward could not have been better! He deserves a 5 star rating all the way! As far as the bar waiters...you need more to receive a high score...took way too long to get a drink.

Ports of call