Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My first cruise--I needed more information

Sail Date: January 31, 2016

Carnival Magic is an impressive vessel. All of the crew people I interacted with were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The group I traveled with included me (62 yrs), my Dad (86 yrs) and my stepmom (77 years). They have been on several cruises, but it was their first time on Carnival. It was my first cruise ever. We were in stateroom 7216, I had the bunk bed which was awful. Hard, narrow and with a slight incline toward the center of the room, my sleep was bad the entire cruise. I only fell off the ladder once when the ship rolled as I climbed down, but I FELL OFF THE LADDER! Maybe cautions should be given to people or instructions or sturdier ladders. Or offers of upgrade if there are any empty staterooms available. It might have been ok for kids, but it was no good for this senior. (Dad was trying to save money, no doubt.) Food was great, disembarking was organized well and I liked the variety of things to do. Too many high pressure sales events--that art auction was awful--and what was the deal with having to buy sodas?

The bathroom never smelled good, just bleach or worse
Due to departure time in Nassau I was unable to go on my excursion and was very disappointed and lost the $ I had paid for it

NO bunkbeds for adults!