Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I had a great time, no complaints.

Sail Date: September 20, 2015

This cruise was my personal getaway.  My first time out of Galveston.  Galveston is a nice port with a lot of things to do before your cruise.  Galveston would be a nice vacation in itself.  The Magic is a nice ship with a lot to do onboard.  Cozumel is fun as always with something for everyone.  Belize was interesting, some stayed on ship concerned about crime in Belize.  I cruise for the ports, not the ships, so I wasn't about to stay on the ship.  I did the cave tubing excursion through AA and had no problems what so ever.  It was a bit of a drive, but we got to see a lot of the country.  Our guide was very good, he kept us entertained and explained a lot about the country and the culture.  The cave tubing and the rain forest was beautiful and far exceeded my expectations.  Mahogany Bay in Roatan was very nice Carnival has built a very nice port.  I did the zip line and beach break excursion here.  To reach this excursion you have to walk out of Carnival property.  Once I got to the transportation, our guide did a good job showing us the island and explaining the culture.  They worked really hard to prove the excursion was a better value than Carnival's excursions.  The zip line was a blast and the views were beautiful.  After that they took us to a very nice beach club which had food, drinks and plenty of room to relax and catch some sun.  The only negative would be the aggressive locals selling their wares.  As long as you stayed on the beach club property you were left alone.  But try to walk down the beach to the water, and I bet I said "no thanks" thirteen times before I reached the water.  They were selling everything from t-shirt, shells, cigars and massages.  They wouldn't follow you in the water, but they would be waiting for you when you got out.  Overall, I highly recommend this cruise and these excursions.

1 Comment