Good but not great

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: February 01, 2014
Ship: Carnival Magic
The pluses: Great service and plenty of smiles from the crew/staff. The cabin was perfect for the two of us. Meeting other guests was a lot of fun. The entertainment was great\, especially enjoyed the karaoke and the comedians.
The minuses: The food wasn't as good as on previous Carnival cruises - good but not great. The drinks were a little too expensive for my taste. The excursions were also more costly than I would have liked\, so we only toured the port areas\, which were too commercialized and had no great deals. We did tour Belize City with a driver who gave us a reasonable price and an interesting running commentary about the city and its history.

The staff and service was outstanding but the food was just average overall. Some food items were very good and some were not so great\, but none was top notch nor terrible.

Most of the entertainment and activities were excellent\, but there were a couple of negatives. At least two of the \"pros\" were not professional quality singers. Also\, I had a real problem with all of the \"smoke\" being generated at the Showtime Theater. I didn't see the point of it and it made it difficult for me to breathe\, unless I was sure to be seated far from the stage.

...and all done with a friendly greeting by name and service with a smile!

The overall physical ship was great and cleanliness was outstanding.

Obviously on a cruise\, one doesn't spend much time in the stateroom except to sleep and bathe and for that it was perfect. The room was serviced twice daily and kept spotless and was also quite comfortable.

Pros: Meeting other guests

Cons: The time spent in the destination ports

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!