Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Magic Relaxing but not Entertaining.

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

Wife and I booked this in February. Our last cruise was 16 years ago on the Carnival Fantasy.

We were in balcony stateroom 11209 in the Cloud 9 Spa area. It is a standard balcony stateroom, lots of storage space and room to move around - for two. Our cabin steward was Noervi, who kept the room clean and took good care of us.

The week we went was after the spring break rush so not so crowded - which we liked. The aft sun deck pool area was busy but you could usually find a chair. That is were we ended up one day since the Serenity deck was full. If you wanted some solitude the promenade deck had lots of chairs and very quiet. We used all of the above at different times.

We chose our time dining and loved it. We could eat when hungry and though we had to wait for a table some nights - we would just get a drink at the lobby bar and meet new people. We enjoyed meeting different people at dinner and had dinner with two couples we met on other nights too.

The food was good - but not great. I especially enjoyed the Martini Basa Filet and the escargot. My wife thought too many dishes had too much sauce as most seemed to.  All desserts were great.

The opening revue in the main show lounge was good. However that was the only production the whole cruise. The other nights had more gamess or one night a short(30-40 minutes) but entertaining comedy magic act. Not what remember from the past. Carnival used to promote their entertainment not so much now.

The lobby bar was well staffed and Chatasri and Suphamat worked hard especially during evening dinner crowd. However the live music there was always too loud. I'm not too old! But when i sit at the bar I want to be able to have a conversation. Why does live music these days have to be so loud that you can't have a conversation. Concerts I undersatnd - but not a bar waiting for dinner. Plus the "quiet" bar " The Escape" was never open and didn't looked like it was ever used.

Maybe I am getting old - but most of the games and such are boring to me. I did enjoy the water slide - it was fast and the ropes course - fun once or twice.

Missed out on watching a movie on the lido deck - the screen quality didn't seem that great though the couple times passed by.

So as I stated it was very relaxing for us and we definitely enjoyed it but the entertainment we thought was lacking. We are think of going on the western itinerary on the Magic this fall.

Wish they would stay until at least midnight in Key West - enjoyed tour of Hemingway House. You can walk just about everywhere.