Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Magic is a beautiful ship!

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

This was our fifth Carnival cruise and our third Carnival ship. THIS is the ship to choose! Other than it's extremely large size (be ready to walk!)this ship is very well appointed\, is not decorated in garish clown colors like Carnival ships before this. The food is back almost up to the standards it was many years ago after a marked drop in quality. The crew appear to actually LIKE working on this ship and make you feel at home at once.

Pros: The staff was incredible\, you will feel welcome and pampered!!

Cons: The BEDS! Matresses were like sleeping on a large brick with springs. Bedding was nice\, though.

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

You need walking shoes for this ship. My only real complaint is that like with most modern ships today\, you can't always \"get there from here\". Sometimes you have to walk all the way to the fore or aft elevators to get someplace even though that deck runs the entire length of the ship. As a rule\, this ship is kept in very clean condition considering the amoung of people constantly coming and going. I do need to mention however\, our ship was not quite full because of an ice storm just before sailing that came all the way down into the Austin area. The ship seemed plenty full to us but several crew told us that \"No\, it's not full\". I can't attest to how clean it is when it is to capacity.
The dining staff: EXCEPTIONAL! These people earn every cent they make. The food: getting back to the quality it used to be. I still much prefer the recipe for fruit soups on other lines and wish Carnival would improve these. The food was always served hot\, to order and plentiful portion sizes. The dessert...*swoon*...divine! Best:Creme Brule' Least:banana cream pie
The rooms were quite nice with one glaring exception. The beds! Like sleeping on a brick with springs poking out! My steward\, Pepito\, did all he could to make it more comfortable for me but the mattresses are just plain rock HARD! I wasn't the only passenger complaining of this either. This might be a deal breaker for me. As much as I truly adored the cruise otherwise\, seven sleepless nights in a row does not make a great vacation. Also\, the blow dryer they provide blows good\, strong\, hot air..BUT\, you have to hold the button down for it to remail on! Sounds easy? No way. the grip is really fat and to turn your hand in different directions\, you keep having to turn off air flow. Otherwise\, very clean\, bedding was lovely\, Room stewards there when you need them\, out of sight when you don't!
Best crew we have encountered out of our eight cruises\, bar none! From the cleaning staff\, bar\, waiters\, hosts\, casino\, ALL were wonderful.
The shows did feel a tad bit recycled. After you have seen it a few times\, it no longer feels fresh. I'm sure to new cruisers it seemed pretty awesome. Special note: The \"Burlesque\" show is being done in the wrong venue! The comedy club is the worst place for this show as the seats are all at the same level so the only people who could actually see the show were people in the very front or people seated along the outside of the middle row. If you want to see it\, get there at least 45 minutes early for a decent seat!