Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Once on Board

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

I rate the cruse overall as very good, but there were moments of frustration.

The biggest problem was during the boarding procedure. Both Lynn and I required wheelchair assistance to board.  I called a few days prior to departure to ensure that requirement was known. I was assured there would be wheelchairs available on a fist come first served basis.

When we checked in we were assigned boarding zone ONE, and told we were number 3 on the list for wheelchair assist. When the zones were called to board there was no wheelchair for us nor the other couple ahead of us who were also in zone ONE. In fact we sat there until the last boarding zone was called and still no assistance. We constantly checked on the status of the promised assistance and repeatedly told there were no chairs available.

We did not take our own chair as we only needed assistive getting on board and did not want our chairs cluttering up the room.

After much probing, two chairs arrived. This was one short, but I was the least handicapped so I elected to struggle up the endless gangway. Even though we were assigned to boarding group one we were the last people on board! Talk about feeling NEGLECTED! There never was any attempt to explain why the list was not used to ensure better control of the boarding. No one even trided to mske up for the inconvenience.

After we were safe on board all went well. We enjoyed the cruse, and all the personnel were friendly and went out of their way to help us.

Upon return one of my bags was missing, or at least not where it should have been. I strongly suggest more research and creative thought be put into baggage sorting at the port to make it easier for people to find the bags (Perhaps by room number).

The service in the dinning room was GREAT! Loved the singing.