Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Should have gone a Royal Caribbean Cruise!

Sail Date: June 22, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My family & I went on this cruise together. It was our first time with Carnival & we were really excited about it. We came in from an excursion & got in the burrito line (my daughter & I) and a guy said it's closed. Then we watch some young 20 yr old something girl and friend come up and flirt with him & he lets them in line--horrible service. We have to go eat pizza again!!! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they had starting closing the other lines too! Room service you can only get Continental & it isn't a big variety at all very disappointing. LONG LINES FOR BREAKFAST!!!! LONG LINES FOR PIZZA-24HR!! LONG LINES FOR FOOD PERIOD!!!! Oh yes, Don't apply for a fun points card either! I have credit lock/credit protection. Took it off for one day and put it back on. Applied--they said it was denied & I found out it was approved when we got in port & they still wouldn't give me the on board credit I was supposed to get even when I was approved! Beware it is a SCAM!!!! The only place I did get really good service was my state stewards and in the dining area for the first few nights! The last few nights in the dining room the waiters were paying major attention to the couple behind us. I had to wait for them to take my plate that I had eaten from for a good 10-15 minutes one night. THE SHOWS- The shows were actually probably the best part! THE CASINO-don't throw your $$ away use it on shore. They have way to many restaurants on board that you have to pay for food--haven't we already paid enough. I know all cruise lines have them now but Magic had lots of them!! Coffee shops,pubs w/food,Steak Houses & Italian place to mention the ones I can think of.             B-I-N-G-O  anyone--let me just say the cash craze is cool! I will say this about the way the play Bingo, they dropped the prize $$ after a certain # of balls were called and no one called BINGO. They did it on the last night on the coverall of bingo too. They advertised a 10,000 coverall and dropped it to 5,000 then to 1,000! I spent $85.00 playing and was 2 numbers away-imagine the people who won & how mad they were (I think there were 2) they had to split it. They advertised a 10,000 coverall!!!!! Just wrong if you ask me!!!  Royal Caribbean is just the way to go!!!!!