OK At Best - Nothing New

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Magic
With the Carnival Magic being a new ship, I was not swept off my feet or surprised by anything new. If I have the choice, I will take the Conquest or another cruise line. It is fine however if you just want to get away.

The food choices were good. I'm from the south and thought it would use more seasonings.

Nesd to add more variety. It's the same old same old. There's nothing new for people that cruise several times a year.

This is the first Carnival cruise were the staff did not bother or take time to learn my name. The service desk was slow and could have used more people to handle problems. I witnessed one incident whereas it needed to be moved to a private setting.

The ship was not as clean as other cruise ships that I have sailed. The buttons on the elevators and the serving tongs were hideous. The serving tongs should be changed or cleaned more often. Fingerprints were all over the place.

Spacious and clean. The towels could use fabric softener. They were hard and did not have a pleasant smell.

Pros: Meeting new people and having a bath and a half.

Cons: The ship was not clean and it ofter had a foul ordor.

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!