Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wonderful cruise - bad customer service

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

This was my fourth cruise with Carnival cruise lines and my first ever time on the Carnival Magic. It was purchased for my new husband and I by my grandparents as a wedding gift. Overall, we had a fantastic time and it was a much needed vacation. However, my biggest complaint is that the sushi was not offered on the ship. Before the cruise I researched what all was on the cruise via Carnival's official website - and to my delight there was a sushi bar! Even the DAY before we left, no notice had been sent to us about the sushi being no longer on the ship. When we boarded the ship, we noticed the sushi bar was closed so we went to guest services. The very RUDE employee at the desk said, \"Oh, well we are making upgrades to the ship to better serve the guests, so we replaced sushi with hotdogs and barbecue\"..... Since when are hotdogs a proper substitution for sushi? How disgusting. I understand that things change on ships but she was not helpful or apologetic, and was extremely rude. I believe that Carnival should notify the guests via email or some sort of communication when things that are advertised to be on the ship. I know it may seem like such a small thing, but my husband and I were looking forward to what was advertised to be on the ship - and we were treated poorly by the supposed guest \"services\".

Pros: Comfortable beds

Cons: Customer service at \"guest service\" desk

Recommends Carnival Magic? No.

Not enough pool size! Everything was very well kept and clean and the room was fantastic. We had a balcony room.
Main dining room was outstanding. I also really enjoyed the Mongolian Wok.
All of the staff were outstanding\, except the Russian woman at the guest services. She was horrible and should not be on a \"fun ship\".