Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Disappointing Cruise

Sail Date: July 15, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall the ship itself was ok. The water slides and ropes course were about all there was to do although there were always lines to contend with.

Pros: The overall newness of the ship and its staterooms

Cons: The Captain of the ship deciding that we would not dock in Roatan

Recommends Carnival Magic? No.

Not sure who thought it would be a good idea to have slick tile in the buffet area which is surrounded on both ends by pools. We witnessed an elderly lady slip and fall due to the slippery wet tile\, and she was unable to get up. Public areas were clean and decor was ok.
The food on this cruise was horrible. Things were overcooked most of the time\, particularly potatoes at all meals of the day. Cheeseburgers cooked at the grill area had meat charred to a crisp on one side of the patty. The fruit was horrible....Watermelon and bananas were overripe\, and both cantelope and honeydew melons were green. There also always seemed to be long lines at all buffet lines/areas.
The stateroom was ok\, but nothing to write home about. The selection of tv stations was worthless. These cruise ships need better channels and at least the weather channel. One complaint about the room was that it was small and cramped\, and on this ship\, you have to keep your sign and sail card in a slot in the room so that the lights will work. I truly disliked this.
Outside of the room stewards and dining room waitstaff\, I was not satisfied with the ship's staff. The lady at the guest relations desk on this ship was horrible. She didn't care one bit about my concern\, and from what I can tell\, didn't care if I sailed with Carnival again.
Same old same old Camp Carnival activities. Someone needs to dream up some new things for the kids to do. My daughter was bored at Camp Carnival on this boat.