Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Kids! The most they had ever had.

Sail Date: June 01, 2012

Overall we had a good time, the shows were entertaining, the ship layout was easy and the pub was great. From what I remember the kid population was over 1200 and it was evident. Not Carnivals fault and I'm not decreasing their score because of it, just be aware that this ship is kid friendly and may be kid overrun. We hid at the pub and the Serenity desk most of the time. Walking down the halls, around elevators, Lido deck, etc. I was almost run into 80% of the time, I learned to take the exterior deck on level 5 to get around while avoiding the crowds. I did not and still do not regret anything though.

Pros: Staff was excellent.

Cons: Main dining room food was mediocre.

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

Main dining room food was so/so, they messed up a few meals (Waiter: "How would you like your steak prepared?" Me: "Does it seriously matter? It's gonna be well done," and my wife found a hair in one. On the other hand the Tandor Indian cuisine at the aft Lido deck was great, we started getting plates there and taking them down to the Red Frog Pub to eat.
Magic act was so so, juggler was great, comedy was good to great.
I really thought the staff (aside from the cooks) was on top of it. People were calling me by name and the guys at the pub were super nice.
Clean and large, I really liked the exterior walkway on deck 5.
Clean, bed was fine, shower was hot and closets were large. If you are on the 6th floor forward part of ship you will be listening to the show till 11 or so, we stayed up late so it wasn't an issue.