Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Magical Cruise Vacation

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

I normally sail on RCI or NCL, so this was a change to book with Carnival, I was pleasantly impressed. - The layout is nice, the service and food were great. There were tons of activities for children and teenagers and as such there are a lot of them on the cruise, and it was also spring break. -

The itinerary was the usual Western Caribbean and sailing was smooth. -

Galveston as a port could use some major improvement as embarkation and especially disembarkation were extremely unorganized and slow. It is also a long drive from the nearest airport to arrive at the port. -

I would sail on the Carnival Magic again, but only if were based in a different port.

Pros: Water park, sports deck, outdoor activities, service, friendliness, lunch opportunities

Cons: Lack of dinner options, embarkation/disembarkation, lack of bar service outside and during events

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

Food overall was very good, I gave it a lower rating due to limited dinner choices. - Great lunch possibilities: promenade BBQ, sandwich line, hamburger line, pizza line, salad bar, Italian pasta, Mongolian food, burrito lines, 4 buffet lines, main dining room, room service - Dinner time possibilities: 1 buffet line, main dining room, room service
Lot of outdoor activities, great Jazz band, funny comedians, quality of atrium band was so-so
New, colorfully decorated, clean, great public areas
Large closets, several shelves in cabin and bathroom, flat screen TV
Everyone I encountered was friendly and very helpful