Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not sure I would ever do again

Sail Date: February 01, 2012

Ship is very large but does not have a good flow. At several areas people just lined up to get to places, to get food, to get into Showtime Theater. Some of the common areas seemed too small for the volume of people. Dining was okay but the buffets seemed the same every day. Difficult to find seating in the Lido deck buffet areas. Lines at the grill for burgers and omelets got very long - not enough people working at thee locations. Hot tubs were not hot enough most days. On days at sea it was difficult to find a chair. Drinks were over priced.

Pros: Cabin steward

Cons: Nickel and dime to death

Recommends Carnival Magic? No.

Layout should have allowed for better flow through public areas. Shops always had table in the walk ways to display wares which interrupted the flow of traffic. Showtime theater too small for the crowd on board. You had to stand in line for 30 minutes or more to get into theater and when you did the people from first show had not left so you did not always find a seat.
Food was okay, service could be slow, not enough dinner options included in price. We did Dine on Your Own Time and had 1 option - Northern Lights, deck 3 - kind of dark and closed in. They would not change up options on meals so lots of wasted food. I asked for no potatoes but was told they had to be on the plate for presentation! I asked for a side that was on another menu item and they brought me the entire entree - what a waste!
We had inner cabins so I did not expect much but it was better than I thought it would be. We had a great cabin steward and assistant. Cabin was noisy due to location but also lots of hallway noise.
Some of the staff was wonderful and others not so much.
Nothing to write home about. Very similar each day. Lots of overlapping so had to "outline" your day for what you wanted to see. Not always able to get into what you wanted to to venue's size.