Less than

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: January 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Magic
Carnival needs to take lessons from Norwegian Cruise Lines. This was a sub-standard cruise. Even though the ship was new, the food was marginal at best, the staff was not friendly, there were long lines every where, slow service, and even though we chose "dine at your time" we had to wait up to an hour to get into the dining room more than one time and ususally at least 30 minutes.

Food was not good at all. On NCL they knew my food allergies and made sure I never ordered anything that I was allergic to. On Carnival, I tried to let the Matre d know but he said I would have to ask my waiter every meal. When I did ask, the waiter did not know.

Entertainment was OK but not enough room for all guest to attend, The rooms were small so only a few could go and this is not good on a ship that has 3500 guest. The lines were long and several times after standing in line for over 45 minutes, you still could not get in.

There were children in the "Serenity-Adult only area"

The staff other than the cabin stewards were not helpful at all and not friendly. There was not "above and beyond service."

Ship layout is good and easy to get around,

Stateroom was nice, staff-Oscar and Newman were awesome!!

Pros: Disembarking

Cons: Food, staff, long lines, embarking process

Recommends Carnival Magic? No.