Sailed Before...Exceeded the Previous.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 03, 2020

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2212

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Overall this cruise was just like before but was by far better than the last when it came to the crew and the activities we did this time.

Embarkation

Simple and fast.

Ship experiences

The food in the main dining room (Gold Olympic) was fantastic! The food at the buffet was mediocre but reasonably good. Did Chef at the Table again and was as good as the last experience.

RedFrog Rum Bar

I don’t drink but had a beer from the Red Frog Rum Bar because I was interested in trying one of Carnivals signature brews. I tried the red draft one (forgot the name of that specific beer) and it was one of the best and smooth beers I’ve ever had.

Guy's Burger Joint

The best burgers...at least at sea. I’ve just had the Plain Jane burgers with no extra toppings because to me they are just that good plain. The fries are the just the same!

The ship is simple on activities but overall will keep you entertained and or relaxed. We got to enjoy The Behind the Scenes tour which was very informative and worth the money. Hot tubs are semi-warm which to me at least is better since I’m temperature sensitive, pools are cold which is good on a warmer day but too cold for me, water slide a hit or miss as far as speed with some people but I didn’t have an issue at least. Serenity deck a pleasure as usual.

Hot Tubs

The hot tubs are weak in temperatures and often times will find one being hotter than the others. Honestly semi warm hot tubs are fine for me because I can’t handle really hot or cold but a lot of people complained about them.

Slide Entrance

The slide is basic and it depends on how you position yourself on the slide. Also depends on weight and size because some people even my size (tall and slim) has a very gentle if not almost stalling experience whereas I surprisingly went pretty quick. In other words it was fun for me at least.

Jogging Track

I used this to take leisured walks around the top deck. It’s a very nice improvement from the last time we sailed. Last time the track was in poor condition, but it was replaced from the faded and cracked concrete like material to a green turf material which was in excellent shape and softer on your feet which was a nice change from the hard decks you normally walk on.

Don’t really care for theater shows.

Didn’t have children.

overall the staff catered to our needs exceptionally, but the wait staff was more than exceptional.

The layout is easy to navigate and the design of the exterior still looks modern and overall a nice design. The interior decor is very artistic and nice in public areas but the room interior design is pretty dated and some of the material needs repair. Rust is evident in a lot of outdoor spaces which is a shame because last time we sailed this ships cosmetics were in better condition.

It’s an inside cabin with two porthole windows. Had decent amount of space because of how the beds were arranged, the beds were very comfortable, lots of storage, bathroom was clean and reasonably spacious. Overall cleanliness was exceptional.

Ship tip

The aft elevators are least populated.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

As before, staff was pretty friendly and embarking and disembarking was easy.

Second visit to Nassau. Did a bus tour and visited some local places and tour guide was wonderful. Locals are super aggressive with selling.

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Nice private island with very soft and white sand, very clear and light blue waters, amenities were great. A couple of passengers we met prior to this port invited us to their two floor cabana which was very unexpected but if you have the money it’s worth it especially if you have a group. It’s a tender port and the boats transferring you to and from the ship can get very rocky so beware if you’re prone to seasickness.

Disembarkation