Relaxing Cruise to the Bahamas

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 08, 2018

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6391

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was my and my husband's first cruise and we had a blast! It was so nice to just be able to relax when we wanted to and not have to worry about anything. The staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful. The entertainment was wonderful, as well! The ports were such great experiences!

Embarkation

Embarkation was perfect! We purchased Faster to the Fun and were in our room within 20 minutes!

Ship experiences

The was pretty good overall. My husband tried the sushi, but wasn't thrilled by it. I have Celiac Disease and therefore have to be very careful about not eating anything containing gluten. We ate breakfast and dinner in the main dining rooms and they took great care of me, making sure I always had food I could eat safely. I never felt that I was missing out during those meals. However, I pretty disappointed in the lunch options as there really wasn't much I could eat, so I typically just ended up having to skip lunch.

Diamonds Steakhouse

I'm a little torn on this one. A $35 up-charge is really not a big deal considering everything that's included, however, I wasn't overly impressed by the servers. They did their job, of course, but they were kind of cold and seemed to just be there to do their job and nothing more. Definitely not the same type of service we received in the main dining room during breakfast and dinner the rest of the trip. The food was tasty. Both my husband and I ordered the shrimp cocktail as our appetizers and it was phenomenal. We loved the avocado/olive oil mixture that was drizzled on top!

Restaurants

We had dinner 3 nights in the Silver Olympian and it was wonderful! I have celiac disease and have to be very careful about what I eat. Our main server Ranito took such great care to be sure everything was safe for me. I never got sick once! The staff were so entertaining and friendly! If I could give 10 stars, I would!

Alchemy Bar

The bartenders were so awesome! We had a blast with them!

Mini Golf

Nothing spectacular here, but something fun to do to kill the time before dinner.

Loved John McDonnell's comedy shows! He was hilarious!

Our steward, Reidi, was so great! Very warm and friendly and took great care of us!

I don't have anything to compare this ship to, as it was my first cruise, however, overall, I thought the layout was great! It was very very clean, as well!

Ship tip

Get very familiar with the maps by the elevators and check them each time you're wanting to go to a specific spot. It's so easy to get turned around, and those maps were a lifesaver! Also, take the stairs as much as possible! Both my husband and I only gained 1 pound from this trip and I guarantee it was because we took the stairs A LOT!

Ports of call

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

There's not a ton to do in Freeport, but walking around the little shops and chatting with the locals was really fun! The thing I loved about this port was that it was close enough to just walk back up to the ship if we needed to. We took a Catamaran and Snorkel excursion, however the water was pretty choppy which made it difficult to snorkel.

We walked to Junkanoo Beach which allowed us to walk through the town a little bit and visit some shops on the way! Nassau is very different from Freeport. A lot of the shops we saw were much more modern than the ones in Freeport. We stopped at the Tiki Bikini Hut right there on Junkanoo Beach. I paid $15 for a daiquiri in a coconut (I mean why not, right?) but sadly I don't think there was a single bit of alcohol in that drink, so I probably got taken advantage of when it came to that. The water at Junkanoo was incredible! I have never see such blue/clear water in my life!

Disembarkation

Once again, Faster to the Fun was totally worth the money! We did have to get up pretty early so that we could be the first group off the ship. We met at 6:45 and waited a little while in the dining room, but once it was time to leave, we were to our shuttle by around 7:30.

Traveler Photos

Sunset on Sea Day John McDonnell's Comedy Show in the Punchliner Beautiful sign at Freeport Entering Junkanoo Beach Strawberry Daiquiri in a coconut from The Tiki Bikini Hut on Junkanoo Beach Junkanoo Beach Walking back from Junkanoo Beach Sunset from one of the decks Sunset from from of the pool decks While embarking Inside the Flowers Lobby Embarkation Party on the Lido Deck