Amazing Pathetic Experience

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Liberty

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 30, 2017

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Review Summary

On my birthday I was subjected to complete incompetents and criminal harassment by two employees aboard the Liberty. The current culture aboad this ship right now is not something you want to get in the middle of, they were arrogant, petty and dishonest, all in an effort to protect themselves and hide there poor conduct. When their arguments were blown up they only got angry and doubled down, they convinced me to take a phone call they claimed would be from customer service. The call was from a one Chris Salazar and after a few moments it was very clear he called to rage at me, maybe he was drunk I don't know but it was a bizarre call. As I was explaining our experience during an event, our view of what happened and how maybe things could be improved for future participants, I was interrupted and told I was being dishonest, and not in a calm or professional way. I found that my version and the staff members version were extremely similar and there wasn't really much to be disputed, however that didn't stop Mr. Salazar from focusing on red herrings. It quickly became clear that this call was to antagonize me, I told him I don't care, I'm not asking for anything, I didn't want to talk to him and I hung up. He immediately called back in a more enraged, and I hung up on him again, I was pissed. That's criminal conduct, it's harassment and it was sponsored by the leadership and customer service. I had hoped to run into to him again so I could have my turn to try and put him on tilt, and I did. I saw him coming off the ship and let him know what a coward and how phony I thought he was. This ship appears to have a young and inexperienced crew and it shows, they wanted to fight from the start. When I first went to the customer service counter with this issue, the gentleman beside the person helping me, interrupted our discussion to tell me I was a liar, what??? This was based on hearsay evidence and what the staff member had told him moments before, crazy. I will say the first person I talked to at customer service should probably be running the whole show, he was the only one during all of this that had an ounce of sense. It was a completely surreal experience to have to go through, I didn't want to be on ship anymore and to make it even worse it was my birthday. So thanks Carnival, I don't know if this is an ingrained culture in the whole company or limited to the cruise ship Liberty but it was completely unacceptable. I will be doing a full report of the situation and forwarding it to the executives of the company, you cannot charge people thousands of dollars and then victimize them with illegal conduct, something should be done. *** EDITED 12/10/17 BY CRUISELINE.COM TO REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ***

Embarkation

Fine

Ship Experiences

Fair, kind of hit and miss, some things were really good, some were really bad.

Alot of arrogance and desire to fight with the guests, many on the ship will actually go out of their way to antagonize you if you say anything critical. The guest services line was always very long and the stories for other guests truly amazed me, after what I experienced I would suspect the majority of thoses stories had merit.

Ship seemed clean but definitely had some interesting smells, also after our run in with the instigators there appeared to stop serving our room.

Don't play bingo, we were told by someone who played the $5000 was a fraud, for from a surprise. Since there is zero regulation there is little chance of winning any money in the casino or one the lottery tickets they sell. There literally could be no winners, but of course there will be just enough winners to keep you playing, but these are surely the worst odds on the planet.

Ports Of Call