Room was awful and HOT. They had to move us after threatening to use the Carnival 24 hour guarantee.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 30, 2017

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8431

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Worst cruise so far. I have been on this ship 3 times now and this was the only time I had room issues. I am going again DEC 21 and hopefully will not have to deal with the room problems again.

Embarkation

Not a problem. The FTTF is always worth it.

Ship experiences

And finally when we were at the Lido Deck pool the attendant named Putra was there we asked him to come back and take our orders he acknowledged and then never came back. About 30 minutes I made eye contact with him again and he said he would come and never did. I then saw another attendant who was cleaning up at the hot tub and asked him to tell the guy to come. I witnessed him telling Putra and then pointing at us. Putra laughed and then still did not come. After about 50 minutes with nobody coming all of us in the hot tubs (16) of us were all very upset. Finally my date on the cruise went up to him personally and made him come to the hot tub to get the order. This type of customer service is unacceptable and there was times Putra was just walking around looking for people to serve. But for some reason he did not serve us. Also we were given a free meal at Diamond Steakhouse and I ordered the Prime Rib, what they brought me was not a prime rib as those are not grilled. Food was ok and staff was great there, I would just think that an executive chef would know what a prime rib is and how it is cooked."

Diamonds Steakhouse

Also we were given a free meal at Diamond Steakhouse and I ordered the Prime Rib, what they brought me was not a prime rib as those are not grilled. Food was ok and staff was great there, I would just think that an executive chef would know what a prime rib is and how it is cooked." Staff was great taking care of us.

They were great!

"So we had a multitude of problems. As we boarded the ship we went straight to our rooms, the refrigerator did not work. We asked the stateroom attendant to look at it and his answer was it was not a refrigerator but instead a cooler and if the light on the inside came on all was working. We had to insist on bringing another one which he did not want to do and when he did that one worked fine. Later that night we noticed just how hot the room was. We told them there was an issue and they once again came and said nothing was wrong and they gave us a box fan. We still were sweating all night long. It was only the next day when we threatened to use the 24 hour guarantee and be flown home that they found us another room 8214. It was cooler and we kept the fan just in case. That night we found that the shower had no hot water. They sent someone to fix that. After that we saw the drain in the shower did not work and the bathroom was flooded, they came and fixed that.

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

This is not what a Prime Rib should look like.  This is a grilled steak.

1 Comment