Fair

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 24, 2017

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Over all I would have to say I will not be cruising on-board Carnival again. While there were a lot of good and some great, the poor food was just to much of a negitive to ever subject myself to that experience again.

Embarkation

The large number of passengers were processed well.

Ship experiences

This was the worst part of this trip. The buffets were akin to a school lunchroom, while the food was attractive the choices and quality were poor. The dinning room food was very disappointing. I would have like to see something different for breakfast than what was on the buffets. Dinner was the lowest point of my experience. Most of the food served to me was edible, but far from good. Every baked potato served was under cooked, very little of the food have much flavor. Stand out of good and bad include Duck that was over cooked with soggy skin, a cured salmon appetizer that was very well made and tasty. Over all I have come to expect far more from the dinning experience onboard ship. While I did not partake in most of the specialty restaurants, some of my party did and were happy with what they received. I did enjoy the burger stand, very well cooked, presented, and good quality. This was the highlight of the food on this cruise.

As we did very little of this I don't think it's fair to rate them.

Michael Macey was fantastic.

No childern

All the staff were everything I have come to expect from cruise staff.

The only drawback would have to be not being able to get to the dinning room from the forward areas of the ship without have to go up to another deck and then back down. This was a poor design.

A little small, but perfectly ataquit and very clean.

Ship tip

Bring your own food or expect to spend more to eat the specilty foods.

Disembarkation