Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: May 26, 2016

This was my first cruise, my husband's second. He cruised a different line many years ago. I had the most fantastic, RELAXING time ever. I do not think I had ever been so relaxed on a vacation before. Carnival is a great cruise line for a first timer. I bought the "unlimited" soda package because we do not drink alcohol and thought it would be a good deal for us. The deal itself was good, but the standing in line at the bar to get a soda was ridiculously long. There really could be some improvement on that. Maybe a separate soda bar or something similar. The food was very good and our waiter, Michael, in the Golden Olympian dining room was out of this world! He remembered our names, what we drank, and what kind or hors d' oeuvre we liked! We visited Cozumel and went to the Mayan ruins. It was a wonderful experience and we learned a lot. We didn't visit the shops at the port because I was a little tired and just wanted to get back onboard and RELAX some more. Happy  I am looking forward to my next cruise and will be booking one for longer with more ports of call.

The "unlimited" soda package could use improving. Standing at the bar to get one-at-a-time sodas took a ridiculously long time. A separate soda bar is needed badly.