Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Liberty was a scam

Sail Date: May 02, 2016

This ship has multiple mechanical issues that they refuse to fix. Just to name a few, one issue effects the speed and the other prevents you from docking without tug boats. These problems prevented us from docking at Cozumel along with 2 other cruises (before and after mine). They only offered $100 credit but $60 comes out for gratuity charges anyway. Therefore, you are only getting a $40 refund. People on the website says that somewhere it says ports are guaranteed but I have yet to find it. Especially since the customer bill of rights states that I should get a full or partial refund if mechanical issues prevents my satisfaction. We watched them do a uturn at the dock for Cozumel and they didn't announce we weren't docking until almost 2 hours later at Cozumel faded in the distance. The letter they gave us states they knew about the problem that would prevent us from docking since the day before at our first port (which we docked fine coincidently), yet they drive there just to waste time. I guess they got smart for the next go around and told the cruisers after us they had to stay at the first port over night because the SAME ISSUE will prevent them from docking at Cozumel the next day. Ironically, we always make it to the first port. They didn't want to waste time driving there for no reason again, i guess. At what point will customers get the choice BEFORE getting on the cruise whether to go or not go on a cruise with KNOWN mechanical issues? That is almost robbery! I only chose a 5 day because it goes to TWO ports. Not just one! I could've easily and for less expensive chose a 3 or 4 day cruise that goes to ONE PORT!!! They keep you at sea so you are FORCED to purchase things just to have a good time!

O and the direct TV kept going out. Everyone that wanted to watch the playoffs (including my man) were pissed.

Bring some washing powder for washing, sea sick, Tylenol or whatever for medical emergencies and lots of change of clothes because accidents happens.