Love the Ocean ----- From the Shore

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 23, 2016
Ship: Carnival Liberty

This was my first cruise and although I love the ocean, I discovered that I love the ocean, I do so from the shore and find being ON the ocean in a boat with thousands of others is not my thing. I don't do photos.

Most things were good, several were excellent and just a couple (the hash brown nuggets) were just awful. Some of THE BEST VODKA martinis ever.

I don't gamble and the pools were, for me, too noisy and crowded. The show were okay, but kind of 2nd class.

No kiddos traveled with us.

Everyone was wonderful. Kind, professional, friendly. Had a problem with the shower and the maintenance staff member came immediately, fixed it and was very nice. Occasionally we had language issues.

Ship was a bit messy and less than shiny clean. The rooms, however, were clean and rather spacious. Old decor which can only be described as garish.

Pleasantly surprised by how much storage there was, the size of the bathroom and the room in general. The balcony could have used some attention in terms of paint and polish.....

If you suspect (as I did) that you wouldn't like a cruise, listen to your inner voice.

Take the Bar Hop - not offered by Carnival - contact on line. Great tour that includes a little history of the island, a nice ride through protected areas with great day-bars with good food and great views instead of a bunch of drunks riding around getting sick.