Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Love the Ocean ----- From the Shore

Sail Date: April 23, 2016

This was my first cruise and although I love the ocean, I discovered that I love the ocean, I do so from the shore and find being ON the ocean in a boat with thousands of others is not my thing. I don't do photos.

Pleasantly surprised by how much storage there was, the size of the bathroom and the room in general. The balcony could have used some attention in terms of paint and polish.....
Felt like cattle moving into different pens. Don't know how they'd make it better it has to do with the large number of passengers. One of the things I liked the least -- the number of people.
Ship was a bit messy and less than shiny clean. The rooms, however, were clean and rather spacious. Old decor which can only be described as garish.
Loved getting onto land and view the ocean from the shore with all the flora and fauna surrounding me. Watching the empty sea around a boat is rather boring.
I don't gamble and the pools were, for me, too noisy and crowded. The show were okay, but kind of 2nd class.
Children's Programs No kiddos traveled with us.
Everyone was wonderful. Kind, professional, friendly. Had a problem with the shower and the maintenance staff member came immediately, fixed it and was very nice. Occasionally we had language issues.
Most things were good, several were excellent and just a couple (the hash brown nuggets) were just awful. Some of THE BEST VODKA martinis ever.
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Take the Bar Hop - not offered by Carnival - contact on line. Great tour that includes a little history of the island, a nice ride through protected areas with great day-bars with good food and great views instead of a bunch of drunks riding around getting sick.

If you suspect (as I did) that you wouldn't like a cruise, listen to your inner voice.