Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Overall Nice Cruise!

Sail Date: April 26, 2015

Carnival has certainly changed a few things, some for the better and some not so great. Overall, this was a nice cruise in which I would recommend. My review goes as follows:

Cons of the cruise:
- the balcony on this ship was the worst I've ever been on. It was entirely too shallow to the point I couldn't stretch out. I'm around 6' 2" and have always been able to lay out on my balcony and stretch my legs, not on the Liberty.
- the Internet packages are too expensive to have horrible reception.
- availability of good food was EXTREMELY limited. For example, the Fish and Chips eatery was open 12:00 pm-2:30 pm...maybe 3:30 pm (either way, folks were of the ship most days at that time); Guy's burgers were open 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm; the buffet ended at 9:00 pm and after that deli sandwiches (til 11:00 pm) or pizza (24 hours).
- The lines for breakfast were the worst I've experienced.
- no turkey sausage for breakfast.
- Only one Sea day.

Pros of the cruise:
- All of the ports were enjoyable (Barbados was only ok from our experience).
- Our room attendant (Deneo) was great. Other staff were relatively friendly.
- The quality of the food has improved.
- Although the internet connection sucked, they were gracious enough to restore some of my lost minutes.
- The ship was nice and clean.
- Shows/entertainment were decent.

Again, my wife and I had a great time and would definitely recommend this cruise.

Good and clean. I've been on better and certainly worse ships.
Food quality improved, but the availability of good food sucked. Also, no turkey sausage was not good for me
Our room attendant (Deneo) was awesome!
Children's Programs NA
All were good except Barbados.
Bad only because the balcony was horribly shallow. I'm 6' 2" and could not stretch out at all. That was new for me and a big problem since I typically spend a lot of time on the balcony.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Loved San Juan. Great food and fun place. Be careful with the cans there. They will seriously overcharge you if you go anywhere outside the arranged trip! I was charged double for asking to go the blocks out of the way!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Enjoyed Coki Beach ď
Bridgetown, Barbados
Boring...
Castries, St. Lucia
Nice time here, primarily because the driver we had was excellent.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Items were seriously overpriced here. We stayed on the pet.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I would love to stay here for a week. Great beaches, great food and nice people. Pretty inexpensive too.

Clean ship with good sized rooms. The balcony size was terribly disappointing for me. Staff was friendly, but not all.