Overall Nice Cruise!
Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern
Sail Date: April 26, 2015
Ship: Carnival Liberty
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 8380
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
Review SummaryCarnival has certainly changed a few things, some for the better and some not so great. Overall, this was a nice cruise in which I would recommend. My review goes as follows:
Cons of the cruise:
- the balcony on this ship was the worst I've ever been on. It was entirely too shallow to the point I couldn't stretch out. I'm around 6' 2" and have always been able to lay out on my balcony and stretch my legs, not on the Liberty.
- the Internet packages are too expensive to have horrible reception.
- availability of good food was EXTREMELY limited. For example, the Fish and Chips eatery was open 12:00 pm-2:30 pm...maybe 3:30 pm (either way, folks were of the ship most days at that time); Guy's burgers were open 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm; the buffet ended at 9:00 pm and after that deli sandwiches (til 11:00 pm) or pizza (24 hours).
- The lines for breakfast were the worst I've experienced.
- no turkey sausage for breakfast.
- Only one Sea day.
Pros of the cruise:
- All of the ports were enjoyable (Barbados was only ok from our experience).
- Our room attendant (Deneo) was great. Other staff were relatively friendly.
- The quality of the food has improved.
- Although the internet connection sucked, they were gracious enough to restore some of my lost minutes.
- The ship was nice and clean.
- Shows/entertainment were decent.
Again, my wife and I had a great time and would definitely recommend this cruise.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Clean ship with good sized rooms. The balcony size was terribly disappointing for me. Staff was friendly, but not all.