Been on better cruises

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: November 24, 2012
Ship: Carnival Liberty
I have been on more than 10 cruises with Princess\, Norwegian\, Royal Caribbean\, and now Carnival. The entertainment was not as interesting as what I've seen with the other cruise lines. They had mostly singing and dancing\, which has low interest value to me. They had one juggling act. There were no main magician\, acrobat\, or comedian performances. One evening had no entertainment in the main theater. They did have a separate theater with comedians\, but those comedians were nothing special. The main dining rood did not serve lunch and the breakfast menu was the same each morning. The phone system did not allow us to leave voice message to our friends that were in other cabins on the ship. The programs on the TV were not up to other ship standards...on and on.

Already mentioned some of the problems with the food options. The dinner included only two types of bread with your meal and they were the same two breads every evening. Usually\, I do not go on a cruise expecting to eat pizza and hamburgers. However\, I needed to do that on the Carnival cruise if I wanted variety in my daily dining.

The ship is nicely laid out and a pleasure to walk around in. However\, it does lack a promenade deck that circles the ship.

Had a balcony cabin\, but the balcony seemed small and the glass was very dirty. The cabin itself was above average with a nice shower and lots of storage. The TV selection was poor\, with movie channels and no guide to tell when the movie starts.

Pros: Low price

Cons: Low quality food and entertainment

Recommends Carnival Liberty? No.