Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Relaxing, Fun and Paradise!

Sail Date: February 01, 2013

We recently sailed from Miami on the Carnival Liberty to the Caribbean. We loved all of the ports and enjoyed all of the beaches. The ship was big and very clean. If you have been on Carnival before then you know the basic set up on all of their ships are pretty much the same. We enjoyed the buffets and two awesome improvements were the added burrito bar and Guy's burgers. The main dining room food was just ok. I felt like when I ordered prime rib that it was the rejected prime rib that the steakhouse wouldn't want. The staterooms were very clean and staff were always on top of cleaning it twice a day. I have to say that for the first 3 days there was a sewage smell in our hallway on the Main (2nd) floor. Someone must have said something because by the 4th day they had washed the carpets and put fans in the hallway. we saw two shows and they were just \"ok\" compared to others I had seen on Carnival ships. However\, I loved the adult comedians every night and especially \"Cowboy Bill.\" They were amazing. The only problem is after each show they made us leave and get back in line so they could \"clean\" the place up which no guest believed. We lost our seats several times and were frustrated. My only other complaint is the fact that Carnival says there is no reserving or saving of deck chairs or they will remove it in 30 minutes. I have NEVER seen them remove an article of clothing off a chair in the 3 cruises I have been on and is frustrating when someone saves 10 chairs at 5 a.m. The sports deck on the Liberty was the best I have seen thus far which included the mini golf and basketball/volleyball court. Overall\, I think that Carnival does a great job with all of their sailings and makes sure everyone has a great time and are always putting on some type of themed party or show. They are great entertainers and fun for everyone. I would recommend this cruise to anyone who wants to have fun and enjoys a good time. I wouldn't sail with any other cruise line!!!

Pros: Ports visited\, Friendly staff\, clean staterooms\, always something to do

Cons: smell on main deck (my room)\, people who save chairs\, food

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!

I sailed on the Carnival Miracle May 2012 and the staff went above and beyond saying good morning and Hi every single time they saw you. On the Liberty I have to say I was disappointed that that was not the case. Often times we walked by without any communication from staff. However\, they were helpful when we had questions.